Why should a company host a foreign intern?
Usually, a foreign intern comes to a company with a specific purpose. They are committed, well-informed and they expect to gain real experience, that is, they want to work. Experience shows that well-selected interns are independent, cooperative and they bring new perspectives into the everyday life of a company.
Students’ enthusiasm, fresh approach and attitude stemming from various cultural backgrounds can add something to the work from which even experienced professionals can benefit. And the great opportunity it provides to practice the language is only an extra benefit. From the company’s point of view, it’s also important that interns will tell others about the institution, and later, having found employment in their own respective countries, it may provide the first point of contact to build new professional relations.
As interns with the Erasmus+ grant receive an amount of 400-600 € individual support per month from their sending higher education institutions, the host companies have the right to decide whether they can provide additional salary or financial support to the intern or not. After selecting the suitable intern, your company has minimal administrative tasks in Hungary. The host company has to sign a training agreement with the student based on a template provided by the sending higher education institution.
- Motivated workforce
- New approach, methodology and knowledge appear within the organisation
- Intercultural experience for each colleague
- An opportunity to practice languages
- It facilitates the development of foreign relations or even market expansion
- It can enhance the reputation of the company
- As part of the corporate strategy, it can contribute to achieving organisational goals and help implement development plans